Thursday, September 13, 2012

A sweater coat

I took my time and knit this through the summer. Picked it up and put it down, a couple of knits here, a couple of purls there. At the beach, on the boat, at the playground, in my bag it sat. As the warm air is slowly turning into cooler, crisp air, here it is. A finished sweater coat for my little girly girl in her favorite color. She picked out the buttons herself, with the help of her brother who is always eager to aide his little sis.

When I first started knitting, I was eager to finish, always counting the days it took me to complete a project. This was a new turn for me, taking my time, knowing that this little piece would be ready to wear in it's own time. Just like mommying these little ones, I remind myself - take your time. September is upon us and the shuffle of the school year has begun. I am reminded to slow down, be careful not to rush.  Enjoy the walk to school. Listen to the excitement in their voices, know that we will get to where we are going all in due time.





Tiered coat pattern by Lisa Chemery


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...