Monday, February 13, 2012

January wrap up

I had this post kicking around for a bit and when I first wrote it, it was earlier in the month of February. Now that we are mid month, it seems a bit funny to be wrapping up January's knitted projects. However! It's never too late for a project wrap up, so, here we go anyway - 

Now that it's February, I feel like half of our New England winter is over. I write this with my fingers crossed, of course. It's been a mild one, thankfully, with temperatures nearing 60 degrees one day not too long ago. Very odd for these parts. Though the weather has been warm, it is yet too early to think spring is nearing. It would not be unusual to experience a major snow storm some time in March or even April. It isn't that I don't like winter, I very much do. It allows me to cozy up and catch my knitting groove, but it is nice to have a sunny, mild, minimal snow winter as well. I was taking mental inventory of the knitted projects completed during the month of January and feel good about the amount that I was able to do. It has been a good stashbusting month, making an umbillical baby hat from the Stitch n Bitch book by Debbie Stoller, a pair of seed stitch mittens, a burberry inspired cowl, three pairs of convertible mittens, three Autumn hats, a Gaptastic cowl, a Longford hat (much like this "rapunzel hat") and an Oatmeal raglan in Gingerbread Puffin yarn by Quince and Co.











more photos and knitted goodies to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...