Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Warm hands

Like most of the northeast US, we've been dealing with a snowstorm a week since Christmas. I have to admit, it hasn't quite broken my winter spirit yet, but it is coming close. Today's latest was a two day storm, starting on Tuesday (8 or so inches of snow) and taking, oh an hour or so break, to then dump a couple more inches of snow, and then sleet and rain....



Ok, I'm done with that. On to what I meant to write about. Despite all this snow, our lovely city has done a great job of keeping the roads clear. We haven't let the snow hold us back too much, except for today. We stayed in all day and was happy about it. Soup on the stove, fresh molasses bread baking, and sewing in my little space. I noticed our mitten supply waning (who knows where they all go) and made these fleece mittens to supplement the winter gear stash:




One to match the dress from this post.



A couple pairs for the boy...




Gotta go...and get back to my butternut squash soup in the making.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...