Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oh my heart!

I'm not a heart kinda gal - I remember once that my husband bought a necklace for me with a heart charm and I tried really hard to not show my distaste. I know, not so nice, it's just a taste thing. It was early in our relationship, now we kinda of laugh about it, but since then he knows better. My mother says that I've always been like this, even as a little girl. She tried dressing me up in girlie dresses, but I insisted on pants. She tried putting me in ruffled things, but I didn't want any part of it. My daughter, on the other hand, is ALL girl. From pink to purple, to ruffles to ribbons and bows, she shows an affinity to all things girlie.  So, the plain dresses that I like, she tends not to want to wear.

What's a sewing mama to do? I made her a heart dress and gave it a ruffle. I'm really happy with it, it's adorable and she loves it. I made it with the discounted fleece that I mentioned here. And with all of this snow, it's so warm and cozy. The arms are a bit long, so I will shorten those, but for now....





Just some cute photos below, getting sleepy right before nap time......




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...