Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's a new day - regroup




When I woke up this morning, I told myself that today will be a better day. Yesterday started out to be unpleasant at best, and just escalated as the day went on. The kids were sick, I was feeling crummy too. We were all in a bad way and at differing points throughout the day, each one of us had shed a tear or two or three or four. I was hoping that the hubs was having a better day away from the home, and was counting the hours until his arrival back to us.

BUT, today is different. The kids woke up cheery, Elena calling and singing from her crib, "Mommy, what ya doin?" and Frankie, who had already climbed into our bed, was snuggling and wanting to know why lions were able to roar.

So, we were off to a better day. As I write this I realize, yesterday was not that bad. I have some good friends that I was able to bounce my bad day off of, a great husband to tell me not to be so hard on myself (and the kids). AND some insight and perspective that always gives me some peace.

I tell myself today, this time in life is not forever.....and that is bittersweet

Their feet and voices will grow and deepen....



I will find my patience and understand what I need to do for myself in order not to lose it.....

I will breathe them in deeply and kiss them endlessley....and forgive myself for having a bad day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...