Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Rag Quilt

I have been inspired by the numberous rag quilt tutorials on the internet and Pinterest, in particular. I have been so intrigued by the look, supposed ease and quickness of it that I had to try it. I picked up some of this gingham at a local fabric store right before Memorial Day. I was thinking of making something for my boy who loves everything patriotic that I thought this color scheme for his quilt would be perfect for summertime. 




All in all, with the cutting, sewing and more cutting, it took me about three nights to finish this. Of course, it took me a couple more days to embroider this little image and personalize it for my guy. This was definitely a project worth trying and I will make one again.


1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! Your quilt looks gorgeous and very snuggly. I love raggy quilts and especially love your little boys hand embroidered by you, such a special touch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...