For my boy....
Me: "Ok, why Brian?"
Frank: "Because I like Brian"
Me: "Do you know any Brians?"
Frank: "There's a boy at school who's name is Brian and he could do a spilt. But my doll is not named after him, even though he could do a spit too."
Me: "Oh, I see"
Pattern is from this book. I loved the author's suggestion of using old clothing from your child for this doll's clothing. What a great keepsake!
This is where Brian sleeps at night, yes, that's an old scotch box, a perfect doll bed actually!
"He sleeps here, next to Blue Dino. The Dino Tito Greg won for me at the amusement park" Frank says, placing everything just so each night. Frank tells me that Brian is waiting for a friend. "One that you're going to make for me, right Mama?" Who says boys can't play with dolls? Of course, I say, I will make anything for you my boy...

No comments:
Post a Comment