Monday, April 8, 2013

A quilt

I made my first quilt. It was fun and tedious at the same time. I enjoyed the process for sure, and am excited to work on learning some new skills. I am, for the most part, quite pleased at how it turned out.

"Whose it for?" asked Elena.
I said, "It's for all of us"
 "Yay!" she shouted "Frankie, Mama made a quilt for us!"
"Yay!!" Frankie shouted, "what's a quilt?"

Don't look too close - there are many imperfections and some straight out mistakes. But still quite nice, I think. We needed some springtime around here. These calico prints were the perfect mix for a spring quilt; floral and colorful. It's perfect for the season that is coming our way.





1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's lovely! Well done. A quilt is quite an accomplishment - definitely a labour of love. Perfect for your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...