Monday, March 18, 2013

Waiting for spring

It is March, cold, but sunny,  a typical March, with the weather teasing with some spring like temperatures and winter weather. It's supposed to snow here tonight, but was 50 degrees last week. It's a good thing for me, as the cold weather continues to fuel my knitting need. I've had a bunch of projects on the knitting needles and have not been good about taking notes, so here I am to recap some projects, with more to come. I've been laid back about my knitting, truly enjoying the process instead of feeling like I need to finish, finish finish as I did when I first started a few years ago. 

My local yarn store recently closed down (three months ago) and I'm still coming to terms with it. They had been in the same spot for 30 years and unfortunately decided not to find a new space to move to. Shortly before they closed, they had huge discounts off their gorgeous yarn. My yarn stash happily grew, and since I've been loving what I've been creating from it. 


Above and below: Mara shawl made with Berroco Ultra Alpaca. I used 2 skeins, the body made with one skein and the ruffle with the second. It measures 22inches from top to bottom at the spine and has a 47 inch wing span. 

I LOVED this pattern. It is easy, but not tedious or boring. Find it here.





  



This is another mistake stitch cowl that I made for Elena, but I wear frequently :)
There have been one or two occasions where she has asked for it back!

This one was made longer then the original. It is 20 inches around, 11 inches deep. This one was made long enough to wrap around twice. It is made with Groovy Dream in color yarn.

There are more projects that need to be noted, so there will be more to come in the next few days. Until then, I will cozy up and knit some more and enjoy the sunshine before the snow comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...