Thursday, June 30, 2011

things I'm knitting

There's a whole lot of unfinished knitting projects in my knitting basket at this moment.  This is very unlike me, as I tend to get a bit obsessive about finishing what I start when I knit. The nice thing is that if I need a project to grab, there's an easy one to just pick up and take with me. 

I started this one because I was in need for a warm weather project, something I could work on at the beach or playground, light and easy. I figured, this would be super simple to pick up and put down, and stashed for later if needed. It's meant to be a baby blanket, but could be easily modified as a grown up throw. 







Then, I found something calling my name - this perfect knit along, which I had the right amount of yarn for in my stash!

image and pattern from knitbot, magpie patterns




BUT, THEN, my little E saw a knitted strawberry shortcake doll that a friend (and unbelieveably great knitter) whipped up for her daughter, and since then, it's been, "Mommy, did you finish my strawberry shortcake yet?" and "Mommy, I am being very patient, but...is it done yet?"

Not quite, but already loved. I had to pry this body and head part away from the girl to photograph it. A bit on the freaky side if you ask me, as she awaits legs and arms and a face....



Here is the pattern I'm using, and a photo from that pattern:

source: Raggy Doll, Ravelry
Hmmmm, I wonder which project will be completed first :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...