Saturday, January 22, 2011
Homemade cleaning
Sooooo, I bought a case of this castile soap, because:
1) I love the smell of almond scent, and so does my cousin and my sister....no, they don't live with me, but I intend to share some of these many bottles with them
2) I was getting really grossed out that the kids were telling me that they could taste the soap on their hands when they would eat their food - we're working on utensils, people....
3) It's vegetable based and more natural
4) Good for sensitive skin
5) Tried a bottle from the local natural food store and LOVED it
6) And it was free shipping on Amazon.
Anyway, since I recieved my case if TWELVE! bottles of THIRTY FOUR ounces (yikes, that's a lot of soap) I've been experiementing with it's use. I have mostly been using it for washing - hands, bodies, dogs, dishes (not all together) and have been liking the nondrying effects that it's been having on all of our skin. I know there are a billion things you could use castille soap for. I've tried different things in the past with some so so results. However, one thing I tried today, and really liked, was this multipurpose disinfectant cleanser:
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of soap
20 or so drops of tea tree oil
Water
Fill 16 oz spray bottle with water, add other ingredients. Use on windows, counters, etc - just about anything! I love it!
Super easy to make and it really sparkles on windows and stainless steel. No film or anything. Go ahead, try it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment