Monday, December 13, 2010

Sewn bibs and burp cloths

I love one of a kind bibs and burp cloths, and if you've had a spitter child like mine was, then I think you could appreciate how much a soft and aethstically appealing bib/burp cloth is when you are consantly being drenched by, well,  spit. My little gal had reflux her first year of life and I remember doing ALOT of laundry and appreciating any kind of reprieve from the drenching spit-up.

I have a friend who has a little guy and is a "spitter" - I keep telling her it eventually gets better, but in the meantime, I made her some eye pleasing bibs and burps (cloths!) to use for the holiday season....


For lining I used blue chenille that I picked up at a local discount fabric shop. I have seen white chenille a Joanne's Fabric



Fabric: The Twelve Joys of Christmas by Sherri Berry for Northcott

Super easy to make. Cut an 18" X 10" piece of chosen fabric and chosen lining.
Sew right side pieces together so that wrong sides are facing out.  Leave one short side open to reverse. 
After reversing sew outside edges with decorative or zig zag stitch.



For the bibs, I traced a pattern of a bib that I had from one of my kids leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance around the edges. Sew like burp cloths above.

This is a great last minute idea for holiday giving! Anyone with a little babe will be sure to appreciate these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...