That's what I heard the older one, Frankie, telling the younger one, Elena, today. The little one was squealing in delight when I pointed out the leaves falling from the many trees in our backyard, it was ear piercing and adorable. And, it was beautiful. We were eating lunch on our deck, and I thought to myself, "my goodness, how did they get so big?!" Another year or two and they'll be in school everyday, (sniffle). And then they started to argue about who gets to sit in the red chair and I thought, "Wait, what was I just thinking??" Ha! I guess that's how these stages of parenthood go. Everyone I know with older kids tell me it just get's better and better - until they hit the teen years.....For the meantime, I will bask in their innocence, laugh when they laugh, and enjoy their overwhelming need for mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment